• The Romance Reviews

Snippet Sunday March 3, 2013

It’s Sunday again – and you know what that means …

wewriwa_buttonSneekPeekSunday small

Each week authors from all over and writing in all genres bring you snippets from their work.  It could be a work in progress or a completed piece.  It could be published or not.  And this week is also the first excerpts for The Write Club, so don’t forget to check out the authors there too.

I’ve been giving you a glimpse into my current release Worth the Risk, a story about two people who grew up together, fell in love and then separated. Last week, things were starting to heat up between Tanner and Molly – finally! And then…

“Make me come.”

Her gasped plea brought forth a deep chuckle. “Your wish is my command, baby.”

“What?” She paused, her brain choosing that moment to zero in on his innocent choice of words.

“Come for me, baby.”

She froze. That quick, the climax that had been spiraling out of control fizzled and sputtered out. She collapsed against the bed and swallowed back an anguished cry. “Stop.”

Please jump back to the main sites for  Weekend Writing Warriors, Sneak Peek Sunday, The Write Club and visit  Snippet Sunday on facebook to see the many other authors bringing you a glance into their worlds for this week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Snippet Sunday March 3, 2013

1. Pingback: Snippet Sunday Mar 10, 2013 | Anne Lange

2. ED Martin says:

Great twist – gotta wonder what happened to her (maybe with him?) that that word affected her so much.

3. Marcia says:

Oh no, whatever it was, it was the *last* thing she wanted to hear! Rotten for her but very intriguing.

4. I suspect it was “baby” that’s the problem too. Nice job of making me have to know why then leaving me unfulfilled like Tanner and Molly. ;-) Can’t wait for more!

5. There may be trouble ahead for these two. In fact, I’m sure of it. Great extract!

6. I wonder what bad connotations the word “baby” has for her. Nice description of the moment slipping away.

7. Ann Swann says:

Uh, oh. Bad choice of words? Or just a bad word association for her. I’ll be back next week to find out!

8. historysleuth1 says:

Mood killer right then when someone doesn’t realize they said the wrong thing. Very realistic.

9. Don’t stop!! Great 8!

10. Kate Meader says:

I love how real this reads. Very nicely done.

11. Claire says:

Oh no! Terrible time to be distracted!

12. Jane Wakely says:

Uh oh! I think it triggered something from her past…but was it with him or someone else?? Can’t wait to see where this goes next! :)

13. Anne Lange says:

LOL. It’s a secret! :)

14. Gemma James says:

Wow! What a way to leave us hanging. Now that was a hook. Great tease!

15. Anna Zabo says:

Oh no! :( That’s gotta suck for both of them! He (and we) has no idea what just happened!

16. Gem says:

Well damn. @_@ You’ve left me as frustrated as her. :)

17. Nice cliffhanger! :-)

18. normandiea says:

Curious minds want to know. What’s the issue? Lol. Great snippet.
    Thanks for sharing.

Happy Sneak Peek Sunday. :)

19. Oh no. What was the trigger word to ruin it all?

20. Sue says:

she obviously doesn’t like the term “baby” curious as to the reason

21. Definite twist here. What’s happened? Will they resolve it? Great 8!

22. Wow, didn’t see that about to happen! An unexpected twist, I’m hooked…terrific snippet!

23. Wonder what happened. Something pulled her away. Can’t wait to see why and what happens next. Great hook! :-)

24. I’m hooked!!! Now I need to know what happened!!!

25. Oh no! What happened??? I’m guessing the word “baby” did it. Great hook.

• Videos