A Round of Words In 80 Days or ROW80 is a writing challenge that’s different from others in that it understands we all have a life that we have to work around. You can join in at any time. Simply state your goals – achievable goals – and check-in on Wednesdays and Sundays. Get and give encouragement from/to others.
Missed Wednesday’s check-in, been a busy week.
It started out very productive writing wise, then took a nose dive when other stuff took priority. Life happened. I completed and submitted my first round of edits on my second book.. However, I’m pretty sure round 2 will show up right when I start NaNo. That would be just my luck.
So, my goals. I’ve removed the ones I’m not currently reporting on…they’re not gone, just not included in this check-in because there’s nothing to say about them any. As for the others…
- Participate in at least one more blog hop for the year. – October Hop underway.
- Complete the novella I’m working on by end of October. Submit in November. In progress, and nearing completion.
- Complete my local RWA Chapter newsletters for November and December – November’s newsletter complete and issued.
- Read through snippets from other authors and comment. New for this week. I didn’t have time today to read through the snippets, so I want to get through them over the next couple of days.
Writing (actual new words on the page)
- Novella – requires another 8-10k – target is 500-600 words per day until end of October.
- Sunday – 1043 words
- Monday – 513 words
- Tuesday – 884 words
- Wednesday to Friday – did some editing on it after CP review. I know I added words, but they were here and there, so I didn’t do the math.
- Today (so far) – 621
- NaNo – Target is 2000 words per day over the course of 30 days in November. Prep work underway.
- Read no more than 2 books per week - Trying to limit so I can focus on writing. So far it’s working. Only read one book this past week.
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.