November 13th – November 18th
Hosted and Sponsored by the authors and bloggers of:
1. Just Jeannie’s Books and Bling 2. Liberty Ann’s Snifferwalk Books 3. Fab Four 4. Lady Amber’s Reviews 5. Stephanie’s Book Shelf 6. Shhh, Mommy’s In the Bathtub…Reading 7. Sizzling Reads 8. Susan B. Anna 9. The Maze of Twisty Passages 10. A Book Junkie’s Obsession 11. In The Pages of a Good Book
Grand Prize Shopping Spree:
$450+ Gift Card or Paypal Cash
Second Place Grand Prize:
(1) E-Book from every participating Author
Traditions are my thing at this time of year. And one in particular is all those special treats we make. One of my favorite recipes that I do every year is my whipped shortbread. But I’ve already shared that particular recipe on my site. They are melt in your mouth delicious. Check here for those buttery morsels.
So, I decided to share another of my favorites. One of my special traditions at our holiday breakfast table. I go all out – it’s a feast in of itself. A number of years back I discovered a recipe for an Oven Apple Pancake. You can find it in Company’s Coming for Christmas by Jean Paré. © 1996 by The Recipe Factory Inc. An oh, man, is it yummy.
Open Apple Pancake
Serve with maple syrup
- ¼ cup of butter or hard margarine
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- Light sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced in wedges ¼ or 6mm thick
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in 9 inch pie plate in 425°F oven
- Stir brown sugar into melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Overlap apples in a single layer over top of mixture and then cook in oven for 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs with a spoon in a bowl. Add milk, salt and flour. Stir to moisten. Remove large lumps but don’t try to smooth out all the small lumps.
- Pour over apples.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. It will rise up, but lower back down when you removed it from the oven.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot. Don’t forget the syrup 🙂
It’s great warmed up later too!
Now, I’m going to give away an e-copy of my debut release that came out almost one year ago. Worth the Risk is a reunion story with a sad history behind why Molly and Tanner split up so long ago. Ten years later, they’re reunited, but is the torch they still carry for each other enough to reignite their love? Or, will secrets from the past continue to keep them apart?
Do you have a special treat or tradition that is must every holiday season? Just leave a comment and tell me. But don’t forget to leave your name and email.
All the Other Giveaways!