I hope everyone had a wonderful evening ringing in 2016! I had a quiet one at home with my family while I baked all kinds of things banana. Yup, I had a bunch of bananas go beyond the eating with cereal stage and had to become creative in the kitchen so I wasn’t forced to toss them in the trash. So I now have 8 mini banana loaves, 1 banana cake and 1 banana/cranberry loaf.
So, 2015 is long gone. A memory. But it was an exciting year. Not only did we welcome a new member to our family, our Chocolate Lab, Lily, who is now over a year old, I also started a new day job in the fall which is keeping me very busy. But I also had many writing related achievements. And it feels really good for only being officially in this playing field for three years now.
- Friends with Benefits came out in print in January! My very first book in print. What a feeling that was.
- In February The Perfect Moment come out as part of the Valentine’s Heat IV This novella is a follow-up to Friends with Benefits.
- I had my very first book signing at Romancing the Capital in Ottawa! And it was a huge success which I hope to repeat this year. What an awesome feeling to have somebody become excited to meet you and have you sign their book.
- I made PAN (the Published Authors Network) with RWA.
- Blind Taste Test came in June as part of the very successful Just Desserts Collection from Secret Hungers.
- In July I had two releases, The Final Quarter, the 2nd book in A New League Series and Wicked Indulgence, the next book in The Vault Series.
- A New League Vol 1 came out in print which contains both Sliding into Home and The Final Quarter.
- I created my Fan Group and my very own Street Team
My real success came with my stories placing or winning in contests this year, the very first time I’ve entered. Friends with Benefits placed 2nd in the Passionate Plume Contest. Sliding into Home won the Book Buyer’s Best Contest and Hers to Own won the NERFA Contest (National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award) and took 2nd in the Book Buyers Best. All three were finalists in other contests, including the Golden Quill and the BDSM Golden Flogger Award. This recognition alone made my year.
This was also the year for meeting and collaborating with some wonderfully talented authors. The Sexy Scribblers, where I’m one of 14 authors, came together about mid-way through the year with an idea to create short stories, one episode at a time. Each story is between 3000 to 10000 words and all are FREE reads. We come from different genres, different parts of the world, and have different publishing experiences. Our stories are not pre-plotted. We have no idea how each story will begin, develop or end. We don’t even know what genre it will be. Each author is assigned an episode, and we never know where it’s going to go. So far, we’ve written 7 stories, 3 of which are themed around the holidays. I can’t wait to discover the stories we’ll create this year. 🙂
So what’s coming for 2016?
Well, in some respects I need and want to revisit some of the things I used to do and really enjoyed, like weekend snippets, but then drew away from when other activities became overwhelming and I had to pick where to spend my time. My day job will definitely have an impact on my writing life. So, I also need to re-evaluate my writing plan to develop something more realistic. But I still plan to release at least 4 brand new stories this year, in addition to the free reads coming from the Sexy Scribblers.
Here’s a peek at what’s in store for 2016:
- Blind Taste Test is part of Salacious, a new collection of previously written stories from Secret Hungers currently available for pre-order and being released on Jan 12.
- Hers to Own will be coming out in print later this month. I’ve received the printing rights back, so watch for a brand new look on this one when it’s released.
- Her Choice, my first solely self-pubbed book will be coming soon. I had to post-pone this one from a 2015 release, but it’s being moved back to the front burner very shortly. Release Date Spring 2016
- Who’s The Boss, Gabe McBride’s story in The Vault Series is with the publisher! Release Date TBA., but I’m hoping for early summer.
- Scoring in Overtime, the next in A New League Series, will be completed. Release Date TBA.
- The next ménage story in The Vault Series, will probably be released later in 2016. I’ll be starting this one any day now.
- I hope to receive the rights back to Worth the Risk, my very first story published any day now. I want to expand and re-release this story in the coming year in both e-book and print.
- I plan to begin at least one of my many series I have lined up. These will all be self-published projects. One will include a holiday story for next December that I’m really excited about.
- I’m working on a secret project with the Sexy Scribblers! We are VERY excited about this. You’ll hear more about it later this year as we work out the details.
- I’m having a brand new website designed that I’m absolutely thrilled with. Watch for a brand new look to come soon that blends the old with the new.
- AND, I plan to write every single day. This is actually very hard to do when so many other things in life are happening. I’m not even going to set a word limit because I know I’ll also be busy with editing as well. I simply want to know I’ve created new words each day for whichever story I’m working on – beginning TODAY!
So that’s a look at my upcoming schedule. How about yours? What’s your plans for 2016?