Join the Sexy Scribblers for the
Fall Into Romance
a collection of ebooks from the Scribbler authors
What’s your favorite part of Fall?
Mine is enjoying cool nights under the stars in my hot tub, or by the fire with a nice glass of wine and good book. I also love to cook those comfort foods that make you feel warm and toasty.
How about a nice pot of chili?
Here’s an easy beef chili that can be made be made early in the day or just in time for dinner. I don’t follow a specific recipe, this one I just do from my gut and I adjust ingredients and the amounts I use depending on my mood. Serve with warm bread or even over pasta.
- 1.5 to 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 gloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Diced mushrooms
- 1 cup Diced green pepper
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I usually use a sweet basil tomato, or a red wine sauce)
- 2 tbsps. of tomato paste
- 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans dark red kidney beans (rinsed)
- 2 tbsps. of white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tbsps. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps. chili powder
- Dash of cumin spice
- Dash dried red pepper
- In large pot, combine the ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned and onion and garlic are tender.
- Add in the mushrooms and green pepper. Mix well.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sauce and tomato paste. Mix well.
- Add beans. Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir really well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a min of 30 – 45 minutes.
Sprinkle with your favorite cheese. Serve with warm bread or over cooked rice or pasta.
TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE FALL THING TO DO.
Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite Fall activity. One commenter will be randomly chosen to win a $5 Amazon Gift Card at the end of the hop.
GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
The Scribblers are giving away 11 ebooks!
Click on the image below to check the list of bloggers participating in the hop.