This cookie is melt-in-your-mouth delicious and truly simple to make.
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened (do not use margarine)
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- Cream butter and sugar in medium bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and cornstarch gradually while beating continuously. Eat until light. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Will be just a touch golden on the bottom.
Makes 2 ½ dozen cookies.
Option: press chopped cherries (I use maraschino) into center of each cookie before baking.
Recipe Credit goes to Company’s Coming for Christmas, by Jean Paré